Subject: re: Giveaway software, pay for manuals
From: Branko Collin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 93 11:25:50 MET

Chris Richards <[email-masked]> says
>I got Blitz Basic II a few weeks ago (just before I heard it might be on
>the cover disk --
...
>It's like people who
>try to use AMOS somely from the cover disk version and the few articles
>that have been published with it -- it's possible to do some good work,
>but it sure is difficult to use everything the language has to offer.

     Tom Plackowski <[email-masked]> adds
>Yes. It seems rather a clever marketing ploy.
>Its sort of like shareware - try the software, then pay for the manual
>if you like it.

And that's how I got Amos. I bought AF with Amos and Compiler on the
cover. I liked the language but could not get far without a manual
so I bought Amos (I do not see any need for buying Compiler).
Nowadays, I only buy magazines if they've got an interesting
coverdisk.
.......................................................................
.       Branko Collin                . 'Nonsense is the opposite      .
.       [email-masked]  .  of sense and should           .
.   //  [email-masked]      .  therefor be taken serious-    .
. \X/   [email-masked] (work)    .  ly.' - I                      .
.......................................................................